Enjoy this Asian Tahini Noodle Bowl, perfect for a quick and easy lunch for your family!
Ingredients - Tahini Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sriracha sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons of ginger paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Pearl Honey Spreads Raw Creamed Honey
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/4 cup of water
Ingredients - Noodle Bowl
- 8 oz. of rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon of sesame or oil oil
- 2 diced bell peppers
- 1 large diced carrot
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- Cilantro (for topping, to taste)
- 2 chopped green onions for topping
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Chopped peanuts or almonds for topping
Ingredients - Marinated Salmon
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Pearl Honey Spreads Raw Creamed Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
Place the olive oil, Pearl Honey Spreads Raw Creamed Honey, soy sauce, lemon zest, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of the marinade for later use. Add the garlic to the bowl.
Add the salmon and marinade to a resealable freezer bag and seal. Shake to coat the salmon with the marinade.
Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 6 hours.
Remove the salmon from the marinade and scrape off any excess bits of herbs or garlic (otherwise they could burn on the grill!).
Grilling instructions: Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Add the salmon fillets and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until salmon is opaque throughout.
Oven instructions: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the salmon fillets on a sheet pan lined with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Brush the reserved marinade over the salmon fillets, then serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Prepare the tahini sauce by combining all of the Tahini sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until combined, adding more water if needed. Set aside until ready to use.
Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. After they have finished cooking, rinse noodles under cold water. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cooked noodles to the pan with 1-2 tablespoons of the tahini sauce and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan to cool.
Once the noodles are cool, combine them with the bell peppers, carrot & spinach and toss to combine.
Divide noodles and veggies among 4 bowls and top with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, almonds or peanuts, and desired amount of tahini sauce.
Enjoy! Serves 4.